The Lazy Daze SW group cancelled their outing to Dead Horse Ranch State Park, but the Prescott Traveling Elks picked up the reservation and invited the LD’rs that wanted to come along. The drive up was un-eventful, Blue is running beautifully, crossing fingers and toes to not jinx our good luck. I took a nice nap after greeting the folks I know and meeting new ones. It is quite warm (90’s) and a little bit windy.
There are a lot of rigs here, 6 LDs and a bunch of Class A’s. Everyone is very nice and friendly. We had a “Chicken themed” pot luck with, you guessed it, chicken for the pots. I made ‘South of the Border Chicken Soup’. All was good and for dessert we had ice cream “drumsticks”.
After dinner I took Rico and Smudge for a walk around the horse trail loop, where Smudge wanted to steal “road apples”. We sat around the campfire for a bit, and even Smudge was friendly, even to MEN!!!
Moonrise over the old cemetery.
Took a shower in the bathhouse so now I feel human. It’s only 8:30pm and I am sleepy…
No comments:
Post a Comment