Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday May 22 – Richland MO

Another lazy day on the “farm”. Well, I’ve been calling the gates “farm gates”, but they are really “cattle gates”. Heard various vehicles leaving for work, errands then, BAM, BAM, BAM…”Grammy wants the keys to the van”. Umm, they are in the house, where they had slipped off the key holder. So the scholars went to school.

Turns out I’m locked out of the house, so I’ve just been chilling in Blue, reading a murder mystery, and having a breakfast of yogurt, berries, then cereal. When Pat got back, we wandered off to the dollars stores again. She has been getting decorations for Anjanines birthday in June, I bought some Bisquick and will try making pancakes in the morning. We stopped at Wendy’s again for more salads. Frog Rock in Waynesville

We did more laundry and dishes (never ends with this tribe) and were enjoying the quiet. Even the dogs were good!

Around 1pm, Pat left to pick up Logan, and soon after she returned, the dogs all started barking. The rest of the younger kids were home. So much for piece and quiet! Willow is warming up to the Tribe... she was so shy and scared the first day!

All the kids are walking around with well deserved puffed shirts. They all came home with awards and very good grades, meaning A’s and B’s. There were even some perfect attendance awards and snack awards as prizes, depending on the teacher.

Anjanine and John got to go out to dinner and a movie tonight, just the TWO!!! Pat and I watched the kids. There is always drama, although they were pretty good tonight. I heated up their dinners of chicken patties with fries, while the youngest played outside and Pat played cards with the oldest. There was a little grumbling because the patties were served plain, not on a bun, and I volunteered to send whoever was complaining to go to bed. I didn’t have any takers after that.

So now it’s nice and quiet again… OH!! I also worked on entering photos to this blog, and have them done through 5/13. Takes a little while to download.

As there is bad weather predicted for this Sunday, I plan on leaving for the Escapade in Sedalia on tomorrow afternoon instead of early Sunday. Not sure of my internet availability there, so I’m not sure if I’ll be posting for a while………..

No comments: