I woke up nice and early this morning with thoughts of taking the exercise class at 7:15am. Then I thought, what about the dogs?? I have a full schedule of classes I’d like to sit through, and I don’t want any more accidents. SO! I had a great thought….
Since it absolutely poured at times last night, and it isn’t as bad this morning, I will take my time getting going, have hot cereal and take the dogs for a nice long walk instead of exercise class. So, the dogs had breakfast, I had breakfast, we went for a nice walk (I noted only dog owners were out and about).
I rode up to the first class “Internet on the Road”. I wasn’t the only one who had trouble finding the classroom, so we were all a few minutes late. I’ve noticed that EVERYTHING here starts right on time.
The next class was “You Can RV in China”, which was given by a very interesting couple and her enthusiasm was contagious. She had wonderful photos to share and lots of suggestions.
Yak Bell
Following China was a talk on Sedalia History. Lots of information, actually too much info, but I am hoping to be able to go downtown (via the Katy trail) to see some of the places mentioned this coming Friday.
Detail of one of the State Fair Grounds Buildings
At this point, it was the lunch hour, so I came back to Blue to eat and exercise the dogs a bit. I also had time to close my eyes, as they absolutely burn. I’m not sure if it’s my allergies or what, but it’s extremely uncomfortable.
The last class I took today was “Severe Weather Recognition” given by a member of the National Weather Service. Extremely educational.
After this class, I decided to ride my bike to K Mart and see about getting a poncho, so I won’t get quite so drenched when I ride. And, wouldn’t you know it, when I got back, I found the one I was looking for in with the tools!! I was searching for my screen repair tool (something about dogs and screens), and found the poncho. And I had already looked there!!! Alas, no screen repair tool. It appears I will need to cover the upper part of the screen door with hardware cloth like I did on the lower half. Someone is loosening the screen near the latch a little more each day, although the other day she (we do know which is the cleverer dog here) knocked the clear plastic guard off the latches. Since she knows how to open flip top containers, I’ll be in trouble if she figures out how to unlock the deadbolt!!
Main Gate - State Fair Grounds
I stayed outside and talked with other Lazy Daze friends instead of going to the “Retirement Planning” and “Penwheels BOF” gathering. This is a group of like minded folks who like to write. As it was very pleasant out, we sat around chatting until it started to sprinkle.
As Ed started grilling something wonderful smelling, I decided to heat up some of my left over soup from yesterday. As Esther said once “the flavors will get to know each other” and boy, there was definitely a “kick” to the spices that I didn’t notice yesterday.
A little later we moved to the opposite end of the rigs and sat in the sun until a cloud burst chased us all off. We teased a neighbor in a class A bus that he brought the rain, as it started just as he set his chair down. Everybody scrambled, grabbing chairs and unhooking dogs. I thought I was finally dry!!!
Ewww!! Yuck!! I just found a tick on Rico’s head. Actually, I’m lucky this is the only one I’ve found, as Annelise’s dog is a tick magnet. Mosquitoes and ticks, this state is loaded with them!!
Well, decided to wash dishes and relax with a magazine for the rest of the evening… looks like the rain has stopped, again. As I’ve opened a couple of windows, I can hear frogs croaking and folks talking.
I took the dogs out for one last walk and discovered the frog is in the “neighbors” sewer connection. The services here are in groups of four: two electrical hook ups per side on a post, four water hookups on a post, and four sewer connections in the ground. Where the four LD’s are parked, our water isn’t working, so every one but Blue is hooked to the next available water, which means a lot of hose. Since I filled up with sweet well water before I left Anjanines, I don’t have Blue hooked up to water.
Since it absolutely poured at times last night, and it isn’t as bad this morning, I will take my time getting going, have hot cereal and take the dogs for a nice long walk instead of exercise class. So, the dogs had breakfast, I had breakfast, we went for a nice walk (I noted only dog owners were out and about).
The next class was “You Can RV in China”, which was given by a very interesting couple and her enthusiasm was contagious. She had wonderful photos to share and lots of suggestions.
Following China was a talk on Sedalia History. Lots of information, actually too much info, but I am hoping to be able to go downtown (via the Katy trail) to see some of the places mentioned this coming Friday.
At this point, it was the lunch hour, so I came back to Blue to eat and exercise the dogs a bit. I also had time to close my eyes, as they absolutely burn. I’m not sure if it’s my allergies or what, but it’s extremely uncomfortable.
The last class I took today was “Severe Weather Recognition” given by a member of the National Weather Service. Extremely educational.
After this class, I decided to ride my bike to K Mart and see about getting a poncho, so I won’t get quite so drenched when I ride. And, wouldn’t you know it, when I got back, I found the one I was looking for in with the tools!! I was searching for my screen repair tool (something about dogs and screens), and found the poncho. And I had already looked there!!! Alas, no screen repair tool. It appears I will need to cover the upper part of the screen door with hardware cloth like I did on the lower half. Someone is loosening the screen near the latch a little more each day, although the other day she (we do know which is the cleverer dog here) knocked the clear plastic guard off the latches. Since she knows how to open flip top containers, I’ll be in trouble if she figures out how to unlock the deadbolt!!
I stayed outside and talked with other Lazy Daze friends instead of going to the “Retirement Planning” and “Penwheels BOF” gathering. This is a group of like minded folks who like to write. As it was very pleasant out, we sat around chatting until it started to sprinkle.
As Ed started grilling something wonderful smelling, I decided to heat up some of my left over soup from yesterday. As Esther said once “the flavors will get to know each other” and boy, there was definitely a “kick” to the spices that I didn’t notice yesterday.
Well, decided to wash dishes and relax with a magazine for the rest of the evening… looks like the rain has stopped, again. As I’ve opened a couple of windows, I can hear frogs croaking and folks talking.
I took the dogs out for one last walk and discovered the frog is in the “neighbors” sewer connection. The services here are in groups of four: two electrical hook ups per side on a post, four water hookups on a post, and four sewer connections in the ground. Where the four LD’s are parked, our water isn’t working, so every one but Blue is hooked to the next available water, which means a lot of hose. Since I filled up with sweet well water before I left Anjanines, I don’t have Blue hooked up to water.
No comments:
Post a Comment