Thursday, May 28, 2009

Saturday May 23 Richland to Sedalia MO

I woke up VERY early and tried to get back to sleep… must have dozed ‘cause the alarm clock woke me up. I went in the house to start making pancakes before Anjanine went in to work. Anjanine was able to have a plateful before she ran out the door. Aeden and Audriana were up, so they kept coming back for more and more. As each of the kids and Pat woke up, they came in… so, about 1 ½-2 hours later I was finally done. I made a total of 5 batches, or the entire box and a bunch of eggs.

I had my shower after cleaning up the breakfast mess and got ready to leave for Sedalia, which is only 2-3 hours away, due north. I stopped in the market in Richland for milk and orange juice, then wandered my way north in a very leisurely fashion.In Camdenton I stopped at an Antique and Collectibles store where your bag or purse must be placed in a free locker. First time I’ve ever seen that in an antique store. The store was very bright and nicely laid out with lots of goodies to see.

Farther down the road I got my first views of Lake of the Ozarks, which appears to be a very rambling man-made lake, and EXTREMELY touristy. I passed a place that I had to turn around to see… a BMW Isetta that had been made into a “jet” car. I asked if it was okay to take pictures, and the gentleman there said, “Sure, we get folks from all over taking pictures”.. some actor or some such used it for publicity. Of course, now I can’t remember the name!Got to Sedalia around mid-afternoon and found the Wal-Mart with no problem. Two other Lazy Dazes were already there, but not members of the group I’m meeting. Turns out I’ve met one lady, Beverly, before at the Balloon Fiesta. The other rig was owned by Willie and her niece Bonnie was driving their “untowed” toad. We all plan to drive in together tomorrow.While taking the dogs for a walk in the grassy area to the side of where we are parked, a rabbit darted from a hole and went and hid in the shopping carts! Boy, I always forget how STRONG Smudge can be when she sees something run and wants to chase it!!

I bought a few more groceries at Wal-Mart, including a rotisserie chicken, of which I ate the legs and cut the meat away for future meals. I gave each dog a little piece of skin, then cleaned up and took a nap. I woke up due to all the noise in the lot, then read my book for a bit before bedtime.

No comments: