Friday, May 22, 2009

Thursday May 21 – Richland MO

I heard the kids leave for school this morning, and did a lazy morning. I let the dogs out and gave them breakfast, then fixed a bowl of yogurt and berries for myself. I also started laundry for myself, Logan and Pat. Annelise, Pat and I sat around the kitchen table and chatted while I paid bills from the package of mail Steve forwarded to me last week.

Around noon, Annelise suggested going out and grabbing a bite to eat. By the time we got going, it was around 2pm. We drove to “downtown” Richland to the post office, then turned around and headed to Waynesville to get Sonic for lunch.The kids are really good about trying to order healthy things to eat. They very rarely have soda, and when they do, it’s usually Sprite. They usually have water or juice, chicken, with the worst thing being fries.

We stopped by the Dollar General just to poke around and kill time, then discovered the post office in Waynesville. Will have to keep that one in mind.

We hadn’t been home too long before the other kids got home, and Anjanine came home with Logan. It goes from quiet to pandemonium!!! I strung up the piñata for graduation and it only took 5 wacks to drop the bottom of the hat off. The kids just gathered all the goodies in the bottom and came in for dinner. Anjanine made a pasta dish for dinner, then we all left for Girl Scouts at the school. The “boys” stayed home. Remember these?? Still in use!!The meeting for the younger girls was cancelled, so Pat and I went out to watch them play on the playground. As we started getting bitten up by mosquitoes, we decided to go back in the cafeteria with the other girls. They were having a candle ceremony, then had cake and juice.From there we came home to relax.

No comments: