I decided to stop at the Painted Desert/Petrified Forest for a look-see. I paid my $10 entry fee and drove almost the entire way. Fortunately it wasn’t crowded and I was able to get some nice photos.
Once back at Blue I realized my keys were gone!!! ACK!! I did leave the windows down a little, so I tied the dogs to the ladder and started retracing our steps. The keys were just in front of Blues front right tire. WHEW!!
Back at the entrance, I went into the book store for a couple of souvenirs and a root beer float. The “kids” and I had lunch in the parking lot, leftover huevos con chorizo that Steve split with me and the two got a couple of spoonfuls of ice cream in their dishes.
There was a lot of truck traffic on the highway, and every now and then a really good gust of wind would belt Blue. Just a little bit of a white knuckle drive. I am trying to keep our speed between 60-65 mph.
We’re staying tonight at an Escapees/Good Sams/AAA listed RV Park. I need to recheck in the morning, as the laundry was closed and there is no internet. These were two things I needed and why I picked this park. Anjanine and I are trying to set up some repairs on the Manitoba house, and I was going to e-mail the water damage repair company. Yep, more issues to repair due to the mis-management by the realtor!!!
This is a fairly quiet campground, with just a little “white noise” from the highway. Every now and then a gust of wind will rock Blue. Glad I’m not driving!!
I’ve seen quite a few rental RV’s on the road. The highway seems to be dominated by big-rigs, though. They blow by us like we’re standing still, but are giving us a lot of space as we putt along!
Got some sight-seeing planned for tomorrow. Called my Mom and wished her a happy Mothers’ Day, just in case I don’t have cell service tomorrow.
Couple of kids out cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment