Well, today wasn’t too bad, weatherwise. Did the usual routine with the dogs and breakfast.
My first class wasn’t until 9:45, and I was still a few minutes late, due to chatting with the other Lazy Dazers. I attended “Travel to Australia and New Zealand”, which was a Power Pointe presentation with lovely photos and the womans’ perspective on the trip. The second part of the talk was more technical, the differences in the RV’s there vs American, the high costs of everything, etc.
After class I had lunch and walked the dogs, then rode back to the Missouri gardens where I took lots of photos.

I then went over to watch the “Pet Parade”. I didn’t take Rico or Smudge, as I wanted to attend another class right afterward and wouldn’t have had time to take them back to Blue. A few folks asked where my dogs were, so I explained about the class and also that they both would have been a little nervous with all the people and hyper around the other dogs. There were only a few pets in costume, including one aging Golden in a clown suit.



Yes, that is a specially made diaper on this Cockatoo
I attended a class on using Googles Picasa 3 photo editing program, which was a 90 minute class (the classes have been anywhere from 45 minutes on up, timewise). A lot I had already learned on my own, but learned a lot more about the structure of the program and a few new things that will be helpful.
After class I watched Winnie get her rig pulled out of the mud in the “generator” area at the far end of the camping area. I’m almost a mile from the Hospitality Center, she is farther! Anyway, the first tow truck they sent got stuck in the mud, so they had to send a big rig wrecker to pull them both out!! The tow cable they were using must have been 500 feet long, as the big rig was on the asphalt road quite a ways away. Winnie had quite an audience!!
All that excitement made me tired, so I went in to take a nap… Actually, even though I take a daily allergy medicine, since I am surrounded by freshly mown grass and lots of pollen, I have been taking Benedryl, which usually knocks me out.
I awoke to tapping on my dinette window (the dogs are on the door side, tied up, so everyone avoids that side!) The other Lazy Dazers were having a chat fest out in the sparse sun, and I was being invited to join them. One topic was “will we be able to drive out of here on Friday” and “the town of Hermann has a WONDERFUL bakery, and town is like being in Germany”. I may just have to check Hermann out and take Anjanine some German pastries! As with last evening, it started to drizzle, so everyone turned in. At least it wasn’t a downpour like yesterday!!
Patriotic Blue
I made myself dinner, took the dogs for yet another walk, then rode the bike up to the stadium for the 7:15 door prize drawings
and the 8pm “Ham-O-Rama”, which is a talent show various members of Escapees perform in. It was quite entertaining, with quite a bit of audience participation. There was one woman who was a Blues guitarist and who had a wonderful voice. An older gentleman played the harmonica.
One very serious teacher (of the boot camp classes) did a bawdy Scottish story, and on and on. The line dance class had the audience up to join them with “YMCA”.
The show was over at 9:30 and we went outside to….. more rain, well drizzle, but still, it’s getting a little old at this point. Rode back home, walked the dogs, did KP duty and took a shower. Nighty-night!
My first class wasn’t until 9:45, and I was still a few minutes late, due to chatting with the other Lazy Dazers. I attended “Travel to Australia and New Zealand”, which was a Power Pointe presentation with lovely photos and the womans’ perspective on the trip. The second part of the talk was more technical, the differences in the RV’s there vs American, the high costs of everything, etc.
After class I had lunch and walked the dogs, then rode back to the Missouri gardens where I took lots of photos.
I attended a class on using Googles Picasa 3 photo editing program, which was a 90 minute class (the classes have been anywhere from 45 minutes on up, timewise). A lot I had already learned on my own, but learned a lot more about the structure of the program and a few new things that will be helpful.
After class I watched Winnie get her rig pulled out of the mud in the “generator” area at the far end of the camping area. I’m almost a mile from the Hospitality Center, she is farther! Anyway, the first tow truck they sent got stuck in the mud, so they had to send a big rig wrecker to pull them both out!! The tow cable they were using must have been 500 feet long, as the big rig was on the asphalt road quite a ways away. Winnie had quite an audience!!
I awoke to tapping on my dinette window (the dogs are on the door side, tied up, so everyone avoids that side!) The other Lazy Dazers were having a chat fest out in the sparse sun, and I was being invited to join them. One topic was “will we be able to drive out of here on Friday” and “the town of Hermann has a WONDERFUL bakery, and town is like being in Germany”. I may just have to check Hermann out and take Anjanine some German pastries! As with last evening, it started to drizzle, so everyone turned in. At least it wasn’t a downpour like yesterday!!
I made myself dinner, took the dogs for yet another walk, then rode the bike up to the stadium for the 7:15 door prize drawings
One very serious teacher (of the boot camp classes) did a bawdy Scottish story, and on and on. The line dance class had the audience up to join them with “YMCA”.
The show was over at 9:30 and we went outside to….. more rain, well drizzle, but still, it’s getting a little old at this point. Rode back home, walked the dogs, did KP duty and took a shower. Nighty-night!
No comments:
Post a Comment