Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sunday May 24 Sedalia MO and Escapade!

Woke up and took the dogs out, and we walked up to the McDonalds, then through the shopping center to the east of us. Lots of stores geared toward the college crowd, along with Big Lots, Dollar Tree and JC Penney, but no vacancies!! That is a good sign!

Once back at Blue, I fixed all of us breakfast. Now we will just wait for the other rigs to show up, sometime before noon. I did go into Wal-Mart to by D batteries and a Sunday paper, which has an article on Escapade.

I was really into my book when I realized there was another Lazy Daze with us, Ed and Carol. So now we needed to wait for Alex and his wife. Once they got there, we tied blue ribbons to our mirrors and I led the way to the Fair Grounds. To really embarrass myself, I missed the turn and we all had to turn around. Opps!!The parking crew have four of us Lazy Dazers together, Willie and Bonnie are out in the boon docking generator area. I noticed there are two other Lazy Dazes over there, too.

I did get a nice complement from one of the parking guys, about knowing the “signs” and following them! Once I got Blue level, (wrong side, again).. I immediately hooked up to dump the black tank, which was a really needed thing. Beverly had the same problem, and poor Ed and Carol’s door is near the drain!! I’m glad there is a nice breeze to take away the odor! Hooked up the electricity and we are good to go.

I got the bike down, and put on the panniers and trunk bag, and wandered off to turn in my registration card and then take my door prize card up to the Hospitality building. I’m glad I have the bike, although there are shuttles that one can catch. This is a huge facility, and there is an under pass for pedestrians, cyclists and horses to take to the main fairgrounds building. My goal by Friday is to be able to RIDE up the other side of the underpass. I haven’t been riding and my knees have really been hurting, so we will see.

From there I went in for First Timers Orientation followed by the first door prize drawing, then the Opening Ceremony. There was an ROTC Color Guard, the Pledge of Allegiance and singing of the Star Spangled Banner and O Canada. Extremely touching!!

The lady sitting next to me noticed the Katy Trail State Park pamphlet I was looking through and asked about it. I told her it is a hiking/biking/equestrian trail that is nearby. It goes near the historic downtown of Sedalia, so we exchanged phone numbers and might do a little ride (10-20 miles).

I passed on the Ice Cream Social due to the number of people, but rode up to the Hospitality building to order a name tag and take pictures of the various buildings. By the time I got back to Blue, I was in trouble…. Somebody made a mess, I’m sure caused by the chicken skins last night. YUCK! And thank goodness for throw rugs!

After I got every thing cleaned up and changed the throw rugs, I made myself dinner (missed lunch, and was HUNGRY) and then went through the rest of the packet I was given at registration. Lots of discounts for various eateries and YES!! a nearby laundry! So, I took the soiled rugs and stuffed them into the bikes panniers and rode off to take care of business. Read my book while the rugs washed and dried and then rode back to relax and plan which classes/seminars I would like to attend tomorrow.

No comments: