After church, we took the kids to their CCD (religious studies) classes, and we three women took a nap in the car. Then the fun began!!! Anjanine volunteered us to help with the after class party, as the summer break is starting.
There was cake, ice cream and all sorts of toppings, with Tang to drink. I haven’t made Tang since Anjanine was small. I cut up the majority of one half sheet cake, and Pat was teasing me to stay out of the frosting, or even better, "letting the fox guard the chicken coop", as I’m a good frosting fanatic!! Pat stationed herself by the toppings, so she could dish them out, and hopefully avoid a mess. I poured Tang and set it out as the first kids came in.
The entire gym ended up full of kids from pre-schoolers to middle school, and they were all well behaved, with lots of “Please”, “thank you”, “yes, Ma’am”. Oh, yeah, I forgot, these are Military kids!!!
Once back at the house, we worked in the barn with the chickens and ducks, while John rode the riding mower all over. Later I played with the kids and took a well deserved nap. For dinner, Anjanine made bell pepper rice and tomatoes…YUM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment