Got up and made sure everything was loaded in Blue and ready to go. I went in and said goodbye and gave each kid a kiss. Forgot to mention that Rico and Tempest got in an "argument" over a "road rock". Smudge came charging down the hill and knocked Tempest away. So, I rescued the "rock" and let him go down the drive.
Then we were off to head northwest to Denver.
Hey!!!! Look who's driving!!

I stopped in Clinton MO for lunch at the “Boss Café”. Not very appealing from the outside, but something told me to turn around and check it out. I did have to work a little to turn back and then tuck in the parking lot, but boy, I’m glad I did!!

Signs at the "Boss Cafe" and downtown Clinton, MO
I had a bacon cheese burger that was grilled to perfection, with blackberry cobbler for dessert. It was so good!!! I took half of the fruit from the cobbler with me for future reference with breakfast, as it was way too big to eat in one sitting. The décor of the café was butter yellow with shelves all around, all with old lanterns, thermos, lunch boxes, stack boxes, etc. Each shelf had a collection of each item.
After lunch I took the dogs for a walk and took a short nap before getting back on the road towards Kansas City and beyond.
I heard a country song about “Private Malone” and a ’66 Corvette convertible that was very touching, and just as it ended a newer Corvette convertible passed us by.
From there I did a by-pass around Kansas City, with an uneventful drive westbound. I was looking to make it half way through the state before settling down for the night. I ended up staying just south of Salina in a very different style RV Park. There was no office, just a pay station. There were quite a few permanent homes and trailers, and a small lake nearby as the attraction.
I settled in, hooked up to electric and dumped, then put everything away as it was threatening to storm, again!! As I was fixing dinner the assistant manager came by to let me know that there is a severe weather watch tonight until 1am. He told me that he and the managers would come wake us all up to go into one of the brick houses and into the basement to be safer. Sigh…..
I turned in fairly early after taking a shower in a thrown together bathhouse. No light near the shower, which was all plastic fittings cut through 2x4’s. Felt good to be clean, though.
About 12:30am I was awakened by lots of noise outside… just the neighbor banging around throwing stuff from his truck into his 5th wheel. I poked my head out to ask if we were getting moved inside and scared the crap out of him… good, I thought, for waking me up!! It was still very windy and rainy, but I’m getting used to that.
I stopped in Clinton MO for lunch at the “Boss Café”. Not very appealing from the outside, but something told me to turn around and check it out. I did have to work a little to turn back and then tuck in the parking lot, but boy, I’m glad I did!!
I had a bacon cheese burger that was grilled to perfection, with blackberry cobbler for dessert. It was so good!!! I took half of the fruit from the cobbler with me for future reference with breakfast, as it was way too big to eat in one sitting. The décor of the café was butter yellow with shelves all around, all with old lanterns, thermos, lunch boxes, stack boxes, etc. Each shelf had a collection of each item.
After lunch I took the dogs for a walk and took a short nap before getting back on the road towards Kansas City and beyond.
From there I did a by-pass around Kansas City, with an uneventful drive westbound. I was looking to make it half way through the state before settling down for the night. I ended up staying just south of Salina in a very different style RV Park. There was no office, just a pay station. There were quite a few permanent homes and trailers, and a small lake nearby as the attraction.
I settled in, hooked up to electric and dumped, then put everything away as it was threatening to storm, again!! As I was fixing dinner the assistant manager came by to let me know that there is a severe weather watch tonight until 1am. He told me that he and the managers would come wake us all up to go into one of the brick houses and into the basement to be safer. Sigh…..
I turned in fairly early after taking a shower in a thrown together bathhouse. No light near the shower, which was all plastic fittings cut through 2x4’s. Felt good to be clean, though.
About 12:30am I was awakened by lots of noise outside… just the neighbor banging around throwing stuff from his truck into his 5th wheel. I poked my head out to ask if we were getting moved inside and scared the crap out of him… good, I thought, for waking me up!! It was still very windy and rainy, but I’m getting used to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment