Really old dog that lived at the RV Park......

Old house and a detail of its' "electric gate posts"!!
Love this old log cabin, complete with cow!!We really got up around 8am, and had our breakfast. I went and paid for the nights stay, then we were ready to be on our way. We headed south on highway 89 and before we knew it we were in Idaho.

Paris Tabernacle, Idaho, above
We did a few u-turns for photo opportunities, and nosed around an old service station/general store that now sells antiques in St. Charles, Idaho. I picked up a couple of estate rings for $5 each! The couple was a lot of fun to chat with.





Blue with 'modern' Utah welcome sign, old Idaho/Utah stone marker, below..pretty weathered!
Lunch was in Garden City, Utah, just over the Idaho/Utah line next to Bear Lake. We had burgers and I got a strawberry shake, that was so thick it stood about 3” over the top of the cup!!
This old Wedgewood stove is very similar to the one I have in the Stonehouse in LA!!
I think Blue was a little tired going over the Bear Lake pass at 7,800 feet! We just take our time and pull over to the speedsters pass! Well, especially the go-fasts (motorcycles) and Porsches. I wouldn’t want me poking along in front of me if I was driving “El Patito Feo”, or my Trans-am!!

We came through Logan Pass, which is a scenic highway, and on down to Ogden. We were able to find our target in Ogden and were surprised to find it closed!!! For some reason we thought it was Saturday and realized it was Sunday!! There was a big sign out front stating “closed on Sunday”. So that was that!!
From Ogden we drove to Morgan and were able to find the farm that my Dad spent time on as a child during the depression. It’s in a really pretty valley, although now the train tracks and Interstate 84 run through one edge.


See, the name is HISTORIC!!! Well, at least in Utah!!



We backtracked to South Ogden to head south to Temple Square in Salt Lake City and encountered a LOT of rain. So, all of my photos of Temple Square are a moody grey. The rooftop gardens that American Landscape installed on the Conference Center look pretty good, too. One of the things I noticed is that the Temple and the other buildings near by are completely surrounded by a high wall. Steve said it reminds him of the Temples in Thailand.



We spurged for dinner tonight when we found a Chili’s and shared a steak and salad. Since I’m driving, I passed on the marguerita – WAHHHH! We are now south of Provo in Springville in a big RV Park. I’m starting to feel congested again and also I’m very tired. Driving in the wind and rain, not to mention the windy mountain roads is quite fatiguing.Arggh!! 62 miles ago Blue turned over to 100,000 miles, and I didn’t catch it!! I just thought to look, and I missed his milestone. Must be something about wind and rain distracted me. Not too bad for 19 years old!
No comments:
Post a Comment