Monday, June 15, 2009

Saturday June 13 – Gros Ventre WY to Thayne WY

HAPPY 87th BIRTHDAY, DAD!


We woke up early and then snuggled back in to doze, and even dogs jumping on the bed couldn’t get us up. Once we did emerge, we had breakfast and went to visit Ron and Jane, who have an anniversary today!! From their rig we went over to Gil and Nancy’s and told them goodby.

I took a small detour into Kelly, which is a couple of miles from the campground. This is the small town that the book “Merle’s Door” takes place in. It is small, but there are signs of new big homes being built. "Found" metal sculpture in Kelly
Once I had cell service, I called my Dad to wish him Happy Birthday!

We stopped in Jackson where we had a nice lunch at Eleaven (a bakery/sandwich shop), and then walked around the tourist area for while. We went to the hardware store for a bolt, the market for basics and to top off the gas.
Marmot and sculpture at the Western Artists Museum




Imagine.... 13 people living in this little cabin......

These horses were very interested in the dogs, and Smudge and the white horse traded nips!!
We stopped in Thayne for dinner at a cheese factory (something about “homemade pies” called us in). We started south again and the weather turned nasty with heavy shifting winds and hard rain. I saw Flat Creek RV park and made a bee-line. I’m not in the mood to deal with bad weather on a two lane, windy road!

It’s nice to have a hot shower!! Again, this place is old, but well kept and very clean. One thing about the Gros Ventre campground, no showers!! Yes, I could shower in Blue, but without the heater, it would be just a little too chilly!!

Right now the rain has stopped, we are full and comfy. Tomorrow, it’s on to Ogden, Utah!

No comments: