Walked the dogs, and took a nice shower and had breakfast.
Can you find the Golden Retriever???? Can you find "Big" Blue????
We stopped for gas at Flying J and looked for a new CB antenna. No luck… so I will probably just get the entire kit at Radio Shack and have a spare mounting bracket.I didn’t drive too far south when I traded drivers with Steve and went in back to take a nap. Something about windy roads and wind and rain can make one really, really tired!! Even though I slept well last night, I was still tired.
We switched drivers again in Sigurd, and proceeded southeast on highway 24 through Koosharem (gave me a chuckle seeing we are in Utah!) and stopped in Loa for lunch at the Country Café. Had an okay sandwich and a good piece of boysenberry pie a la mode!!
Love the modern USG plant (hey, we were drywallers!!!) and the cow!
Old gas station.... not sure if they are fixing or demolishing.... bunch of old Chevies...
Orange kitty at the Country Cafe.....
Love this "Round" house!!

This geologic feature reminded me of an Indian profile....
We turned off onto highway 12 in Torrey and ran into road construction and were stopped for a while by the flagmen.
Smudge is saying... I'm bored, are we there yet???
Cattle drive down the road.... we were stopped about 10 minutes... cowboys, dogs and CATTLE!
But past that, we saw the most wonderful scenery along the road as we were going through the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. Too bad I didn’t have my ‘ole geology professor, Angus, along!! We had to keep pulling over and stopping for photo opportunities, both of the geology of the region and the old barns and houses. We have only encountered a little bit of rain today, there are clouds, but mostly puffy whites.












Yep..... this is the (im)famous photo that is on MSN!!
We are now camped in Bryce Valley, in anticipation of visiting Kodachrome Basin State Park and Bryce Canyon National Park tomorrow. Oh…. Went over a bunch of mountain passes today… highest was 9200’, steepest grade 14%. Blue doesn’t mind high, but doesn’t like steep. We pull over when we have a “parade”!!


No comments:
Post a Comment