Got up around 8 and took the dogs for a walk. Had a nice chat with the camp host, he and his wife came up for a few weeks; which turned into employment for the summer with the concessionaire that handles the Forest service camps in the area. He had all kinds of suggestions for further campouts for the LD group.
Also spoke with a fellow camper about his Honda 2000 portable generator. It was surprisingly quiet.
Back on the road, we encountered road construction immediately, but it wasn’t too bad. Still seeing lots of classic cars. A few 60’s Mustangs, a few rodded pick up trucks, a late era Corvair in great shape and a whole convoy of Porsches, early 912’s, 911,s, a couple of 914’s and one 356. What was nice was that the majority were being driven, not towed!

High elevation today was 7,550, and Blue is doing well. We were passed by a pick up hauling a trailer with two kayaks, and a bunch of cyclists on a supported tour “Timberline”. They were really getting a work out!!

I thought I saw a really neat statue of an antelope, until it moved!!! It had a pal with, and further on I saw a small herd, relaxing in a meadow. I had also passed a “Gentlemens” farm that had beautiful horses and lots of cows, including a Long Horn with horns that looked as big as Blue!! There was no where to pull off, so no photos, just what is in my mind. Did get a photo of the ultimate "porta-potti" though, in a New Mexico rest stop!!

I’ve camped tonight at Datil Wells Campground. $5 for a site, very pleasant. There is a couple a few sites over that are cycle touring… might try to chat with them in the morning. The camp host gave me a trail map, might take the kids on a hike in the AM. I was told it was 28* here this morning. BRRRRR!!
It’s lovely right now, although I’m a little cold in a tank top.

Made dinner of Buitoni pasta and Trader Joes sauce, then took a shower and did the dishes. The host said we may hear Elk bugeling tonight and coyotes howling. I gave Smudge ½ a benedryl for her itchy skin, so hopefully she won’t hear all the critters (yeah, right!)
No comments:
Post a Comment