I’ve gotten to meet Virginia and Tessa, Charles, Jazy and Lia, all Texans from the Life with a Lazy Daze site.
I’m looking at the bright side.. I don’t need to go anywhere and the rig is level. I’ve been offered a car to use and others have offered a ride if I need it. These LD’rs are great! It’s so relaxing to be able to read. I’m on my third novel and 4th magazine.
Since it’s almost 5pm, it’s time for another pot luck!! Granted, we don’t always have pot lucks and happy hours, but they are sure fun. I’m bringing some “kick ass” green chile dip and veggie chips. YUM!
After the pot luck, some folks went down to the launch field to see the “Balloon Glo”, where the balloons are lit, but don’t take off. One can walk right up to them and they are everywhere!
I chatted with the guard who chased me down last night. He is still apologetic, but actually, he did me a favor. If I had parked last night, I probably would have sunk to my ankles when I stepped out of the rig this morning! As it is, the dogs and I can go in and out the drivers side door onto firm ground. He and his son both work here, his son is New Mexico National Guard, active duty. They live in Belen, about 35miles south of here. We must have talked for 30 minutes, and they may come to see the Lazy Dazes later this week. I took my shower and did dishes, then waited for the fireworks show. Just relaxing on the rear sofa, looking out the window at the fireworks. Read more in my novel and turned in. Turn up your volume...
No comments:
Post a Comment