Made a second trip to get my camera and coffee. By the time I had taken a few shots of the group and gotten my plate, the fruit was almost gone!! WAH!!! But there was another fruit dish, Irish steel cut oats with fixin’s, oatmeal bars, a wonderful egg dish (a big quiche like thing). So, ate very well, thank you very much!

Beth gave a few of us her Edamame salad recipe, so I have added a folder to our Lazy Daze Southwest Group site for our favorite camp out recipes!
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/LazyDazeSW/
Folks dispersed fairly quickly after breakfast. Some are heading over to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, others went to do additional tours of the Salinas Pueblos and Mountainair. I took the pair on a hike around the backside of our campground. We had a pleasant walk, although Smudge seems to get on sensory overload when we are out and about.



We met up with Holly and her person getting ready to go walking when we came back. Jane and her friend Sandy took Charlie and Coby for a hike too. Today is DOG HIKE day, I guess.

Broke out the Baby Q to cook (almost burn) my beef brats for lunch. Had one brat with carrots and hummus and tapioca pudding for dessert. Worked on this blog a little, handled e-mails/calls regarding the rental properties in Tucson and Sherman Oaks. Can I call this a “working” vacation??
Smudge and Rico are under Blue napping, I think I will relax on the rear sofa and read and nap, too! The bunch of us that are left got together at 4pm to munch and trade tales. The folks are very interesting to listen to, whether it’s politics, the stock market, flying, camping, crafts, etc., etc. A few are “week-enders” like me, some travel for 4-5 months at a time, others full time.
Just before dark, I packed my chairs, tables and Baby Q away. On our nightly walk, I took some photos in the dark of the sky and enhanced them, the stars are amazing!
Unfortunately, I managed to tweek my lower back again, and am having a hard time getting comfortable.
No comments:
Post a Comment