Wednesday, October 1, 2008

9/30 Tuesday, Datil Wells to Manzano Mnts St Park, NM

Oh, brrrr!! Another lousy nights sleep, and I found out it was 25* this morning!!

I did get a chance to talk to the cycling couple. They are on day 94 of an east coast to west coast ride. They are mapping as they go, and had wonderful things to say about the Katy Trail in Missouri.

Took the dynamic duo on a hike to Rocky Point Overlook. They are both being royal Pains in the Arske!!! If they aren’t tangled around each other, they are tangled around me. The view was impressive, but I was really worried about getting tripped up. We could hear cows lowing close by and horses “blowing” (I’m sure there is a proper word for this noise!

Passed by the Very Large Array site, where I took Blues photo!

From Datil we drove to Socorro, then down to San Antonio for a Green Chili Cheeseburger from the Owl Bar and Café. Pretty good stuff, although I had to eat it with a knife and fork.

I did a quick grocery run (forgot the Margarita fixin’s), got gas and headed out for Manzano. Just as I turned off Hwy 60 onto Hwy 55, I had my first Lazy Daze sighting!! Followed it up to the Manzano Mountains State Park, and there are a BUNCH of Blues friends!!! Everyone seemed happy that Blue didn’t have any adverse adventures this trip!

Folks keep getting together and chatting, the dogs are barking at each other, and our meet doesn’t officially start until tomorrow night! I understand it is in the mid-40s here at night, so won’t be as cold as last night. Hopefully I will get a better night’s sleep tonight, as I didn’t nap today.

Got a photo of Smudge being a silly dog on the rear sofa…. She can really be a goof ball at times.

No comments: