Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10/6 Monday, Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, NM

Still some clouds in the sky, so after opening the back shade, I laid back down to sleep. Rico and Smudge had other ideas, so I hid under the blankets. Suddenly there was a barking dog nose right in my face. Okay, we aren’t sleeping, we are going for a walk and potty.

AND BALLOONS!! There are balloons taking off!! Not too many, but they were low and right over head.

Gave the pups breakfast and got dressed. I also was able to get Blue out of his hole, Still level, but not where I need to be.


I do need to move over, as “Lazy Bones” is coming in to share the space Blue has been hogging.

I was invited to go to Old Towne Albuquerque today, but Blue has an appointment for his yearly coach service with the RV Guy, Mike and Lisa Sylvester. They keep Blue in fightin’ form!

Also got to talk to 4 members of the mounted police that are patrolling the grounds here. They train the horses right on the launch field so the propane burner noise and balloons themselves don’t scare them. Gorgeous animals.

Got re-situated by rocking Blue out of his mud pack, and got applause from a few of the other LD’rs. The Mike and Lisa came over and decided I needed to move to a drier spot altogether. So another rock out of the new spot, with the BIG SEMI WRECKER nearby ($240.00 to pull me out?? I don’t think so!!!) Now Blue is high and dry and out of the muddy pit. Mike and Lisa came to do his yearly service, and Blue came through with flying colors.

Had fun chatting with various folks, then went out for Mexican food with LD friends. Took the kids out for a walk and more chatting, and the fur kids getting nuggets of chicken from someone who will not be revealed, contributing to the delinquency of two fat dogs! There are special white balloons being flown tonight, in the dark. I believe it is a race of some sort, with international pilots.

No comments: