7/31 Thursday
Woke up to cloudy skies and chilly enough to grab a blanket. After I fed the dogs and ate breakfast, I curled up with my book and dozed back off. We had originally planned to drive up to Lake of the Ozarks today, but with the gloomy skies, we stayed here and unpacked countless boxes. The downstairs store room is looking pretty good, although more shelving and storage boxes will need to be acquired.
We had a picnic outside of the hotdogs and pasta salad we would have had at the lake.
Woke up to cloudy skies and chilly enough to grab a blanket. After I fed the dogs and ate breakfast, I curled up with my book and dozed back off. We had originally planned to drive up to Lake of the Ozarks today, but with the gloomy skies, we stayed here and unpacked countless boxes. The downstairs store room is looking pretty good, although more shelving and storage boxes will need to be acquired.
We had a picnic outside of the hotdogs and pasta salad we would have had at the lake.
There was a butterfly that was very tame and would sit on the kids noses and fingers, and not fly off. We had to guard it from the dogs, so it wouldn’t get eaten.
Jordan has really been a lot of help and worked really hard. Anjanine gave me the original version of Pinnoccio, which is quite different from the Disney version. I would sneak off to read a chapter or two during our breaks.
I’ve decided Logan has the terrible two tantrum cries down to an art, and I can now tell if he is truly hurt or just throwing a hissy fit.
After dinner, the five girls did a little “beauty show” for us, with hand massages, nail painting, make up and hair. Then we watched “The Perfect Man” and “Mancia”. The kids didn’t really want to wind down, especially Ajay and Logan. Considering I’ve had a head ache all day, I kept my temper.
We are pretty much ready to head home in the morning…….
Jordan has really been a lot of help and worked really hard. Anjanine gave me the original version of Pinnoccio, which is quite different from the Disney version. I would sneak off to read a chapter or two during our breaks.
I’ve decided Logan has the terrible two tantrum cries down to an art, and I can now tell if he is truly hurt or just throwing a hissy fit.
After dinner, the five girls did a little “beauty show” for us, with hand massages, nail painting, make up and hair. Then we watched “The Perfect Man” and “Mancia”. The kids didn’t really want to wind down, especially Ajay and Logan. Considering I’ve had a head ache all day, I kept my temper.
We are pretty much ready to head home in the morning…….
No comments:
Post a Comment