Another semi-lazy morning, just laid around reading, until I was called in for whole wheat pancakes. Unfortunately, I was too late for sausages. Alizebeth and I drove into Richland for milk and p-nut butter. I drove around town to the post office to mail postcards from the zoo and look for yard sales. I am looking for bureaus and/or beds for two of the kids, but no luck. We also drove toward the interstate to take photos of some old homes that the landscape is taking over. Alizebeth talked me into checking out the swapmeet at the top of the hill. Just like an old fashioned swapmeet/party. Nothing we were looking for, though.
Back at the house, I took the loppers and trimmed trees down the driveway. One nice thing about being out in the woods, one can just toss the branches into the surrounding trees and bushes. There are wild roses, grapes, blackberries (yum!). Found two ticks in my clothes, but none on me. YUCK!! I’m not able to fill in the trench along the drive that the cable people left. I will have to be really careful when we leave with Blue to not fall into the trench. Coming up I could see it, it will be on my blind side coming back down. Well, I could sneak out the back way, but I would have to have Anjanine guide me out.
After my nap and playtime with Smudge and Rico, we had a nice teriyaki chicken and rice dinner, with stir-fry veggies from Blues freezer. The older girls and I watched their Sembach yearbook on the computer. That is a new one, a yearbook on DVD instead of paper. The military school still teaches music, art and has lots of interactive things between students/family and teachers.
No comments:
Post a Comment