Slept in today so Smudge and Rico poked their noses in my face to wake me up for breakfast and potty. A lazy morning, I didn’t go into the house until almost noon. We took care of a few things around the house, and had a light lunch of dipping veggies and cheese.
After hooking up Smudge in her harnass, it was off to the movies to see Wall-E at the small theatre in Waynesville. Quite a cute movie, and although there has been controversy about the theme, I can’t disagree with it!
Anjanine dropped Jordan, Annelise and I off at the Walmart just off base to print some of the photos I’ve taken while the rest of the tribe went up to the base post office to check the mail. Another storm came in while we were waiting to be picked up. A small group was having a bake sale outside the Walmart, so the girls got two really good iced sugar cookies to munch on while we waited.
We took a tour of Richland (population 1805) to see the downtown, high school and grade school. We arrived home to find one VERY WET black dog and Smudge dry and under the coach. I took a brief nap while dinner cooked (meat loaf wrapped around broccoli and cheese).
We played with the kids outside after dinner. Anjanine pulled weeds while I fixed a flat tire on the big scooter. Logan fell of the “ranch” fence and knocked the top off the concrete bird bath, which just missed his head. Talk about scary!! Rico ran under the coach when Logan cried out.
Once all was again calm, Anjanine gave everyone ice cream cones for dessert. Smudge stole a couple of licks from Logan and Ajay…..
We can see lightening flashes in the distance, but no new rain or thunder. I went back into Blue to find Smudge up on the cab-over eating treats from the dog treat jar. She does know how to open the jar, unfortunately. She is like a kid, acts all innocent. So, now the treats are in the closet.
No comments:
Post a Comment