Slept in today, awakened to Aeden and Audriana and the puppies playing right outside my window. Lots of cloud cover and much cooler. We lazed around, had thunder, lightening and rain throughout the day and evening.
We unpacked many of the boxes for the kitchen, many things were packed upside down. We had breadcrumbs EVERYWHERE when the top came off of the container! The military sends guys to pack for you. Hmmmmmmm…. We’ve been eating lots of fresh melon (locally grown by “good ol’ boys” “I don’ think ooour town even has a naaame” guys) and other fruits. Yum!
We were planning to go on a berry picking mission just after dinner. Some of the kids went ahead down the road. Anjanine and I were tidying up the hedge I trimmed when we heard a growl and Logan thumping his head and screaming. Rico was under Blue (where is has to be when the kids are out) and we think Logan crawled under to see him and when Rico growled a “get back”, Logan jumped and wacked his head. Logan has a 1/2 inch cut above his eye and a big lump on his forehead.
We got the kids together, the 13 year olds went with Anjanine to the emergency room on base, I stayed with the younger kids. The “ambulance” didn’t get home until 2am. Logan took 2 stitches above his eye. Anjanine said it was almost 5 hours before he was seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment