Monday, August 25, 2008

7/17 And They're OFF

7/17 Thursday

I got up early and rode my bike to my mom’s house to pick up Blue. I hooked up the bike rack and then stashed the yard tools I’m taking for Anjanines’ garden. At the house, Steve helped me load up the food and the balance of our stuff, then I woke up Jordan. We went to Over Coffee for breakfast. Everyone wished us a good trip.
We had no problems going up to Flagstaff, where we stopped for gas. I tried to take a nap, but that didn’t happen. We drove further on, and I pulled off and did take a nap.
We stopped at the Painted Desert Visitors center and looked around and enjoyed a huge single scoop ice cream.
We are trying to keep the speed down to under 60, and I discovered Blues cruise control quit working. So between the cruise control and the A/C blowing on the windshield, I am working up a repairs list. OH! And the kitchen sink light quit working.
We stopped in Grants New Mexico for gas, and I decided I was done driving. The first RV park we looked at was very bleak, then the KOA down the road was $32 and semi-bleak, so we drove on to Lavaland RV Park (Escapees book). Fortunately, there was a spot available, as they are having a Biker Run this weekend (Route 66). This one is not too much better, but folks are very friendly and we have lots of shade. The bathrooms are old but clean. Lots of motorcycles converging on Grants for a rally this week end. We could hear cycles roaring off down the roads….

No comments: