7/29 Tuesday
When we left the house, I realized I forgot my phone. It was too far to go back, so we would pull off the highway to converse… I needed gas, the tire sensors were going off in the Yukon, etc., etc.
We drove to Springfield today to look for mattresses and dressers for the younger kids. We missed our off ramp and ended up about 5 miles further down the road. Springfields main drag bisects the interstate, it seemed like we drove forever! I had the 13 year olds and the 10 year old, everyone else was with Anjanine. When we left the house, everyone was cranky, crying or arguing.
We ended up near a long mall, and I asked a passing lady where the Target was. We hadn’t quite gone far enough south. Anjanine made a picnic “tailgate” lunch for us of tuna, tomatoes and chips in Targets parking lot. We bought wire shelving for the storage room, for as nice as the house is, there is very little storage. I asked two associates at Target if they had a phone book, and believe it or not, they did! I was able to look up the address of the unfinished furniture place. A bed/headboard/dresser combo for Logan would be anywhere from $700 to $1300 bucks! Ouch!
We drove to Springfield today to look for mattresses and dressers for the younger kids. We missed our off ramp and ended up about 5 miles further down the road. Springfields main drag bisects the interstate, it seemed like we drove forever! I had the 13 year olds and the 10 year old, everyone else was with Anjanine. When we left the house, everyone was cranky, crying or arguing.
We ended up near a long mall, and I asked a passing lady where the Target was. We hadn’t quite gone far enough south. Anjanine made a picnic “tailgate” lunch for us of tuna, tomatoes and chips in Targets parking lot. We bought wire shelving for the storage room, for as nice as the house is, there is very little storage. I asked two associates at Target if they had a phone book, and believe it or not, they did! I was able to look up the address of the unfinished furniture place. A bed/headboard/dresser combo for Logan would be anywhere from $700 to $1300 bucks! Ouch!
From there we went to the mall, to the delight of the older kids. We ended up buying mattresses and a bed combo on line at the Sears store. One of the associates ordered everything for us, she was so helpful! She would hum as she typed, totally ignoring the tribe milling around her.
She was getting a little frustrated at how long it took to order, each mattress also had to be entered separately, instead of a quantity of 4. Sears has eliminated their catalog desk, but have on-line desks all over. It is SLOW!!
We wandered around a little, and of course, the gang had to check out Hot Topic. As it was getting late, we decided to surprise the kids with IHOP for dinner. Quite crowded, and our server really tried to do a good job, but she would forget important stuff, like silverware and our drinks. I also drank too much coffee.
I got on the freeway first, and went slow until Anjanine caught up. Just after she passed me, I started feeling crampy. The next offramp found us at a McDonalds, with me running for the restroom. We got a little further, and I had to pull off again, in a closed for remodeling rest stop. At least there was a clean porta-potty. The grand finale was having to just pull off the road, turn off the lights and take care of business. I don’t think I had food poisoning, but I sure didn’t feel good.
Once home, I just curled up and read, I don’t think I slept until 4am. My tummy is definitely rumbly………. Ewwww
No comments:
Post a Comment