Monday, August 25, 2008

7/18 Grants, New Mexico to Lake McChellan, Texas

7/18 Friday

I was out walking Smudge and Rico and an older man commented, “nice pair”…hmmm, not sure now to take that, so I just said thank you. We left Grants about 8am. We had an uneventful drive, although there was LOTS of road construction along I-40. The dogs do not like rumble strips!! There are a lot of semis on the on road, and we’ve seen a lot of duallies pulling goose-neck horse trailers loaded with horses going westbound. Our speed was between 55-65 this leg.

We encountered heavy rain in Amarillo, Texas. I decided to stop at Lake McClellan Recreation area, which is about 2/3 of the way through the panhandle. This is quite a pleasant area, although there is a lot of residual fire damage and down falls. Our neighbors were nice, although there were a LOT of barking dogs. Our 3 dogs are getting along well, and the puppy gets lots of encouragement when she goes “outside”!!



No comments: