Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tuesday October 6, Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

Well, at 4am SOMEONE started her whiney thing. I finally got up and took both the kids for a walk, no results except to pee. So I left them clipped up outside, until Smudge started whining again. I brought them in, laid down newspapers and tried to get back to sleep. Within moments, Smudge was barking in my face and Rico was underfoot, and wouldn’t go lay down under the dinette. I finally swatted Rico with a newspaper and took Smudge for another walk, where she delivered two huge poopies. NOW I can get back to sleep, in fact until 8:30am. Grumpy mom when she is trying to sleep.

I took a quick shower and made us all breakfast, all while watching the balloons fly over head. Lots of balloons down in our field, and I got a nice shot of one right over head. The kids are being very good this morning.

Just hung out today, and mid afternoon went for a bike ride with Tessa, Lia, Linda and Marlys along the new bike path. Not very scenic but a nice path none the less. I had managed to hurt my back again by tripping over the dog’s cable, so I wasn’t sure if the bike ride would hurt or help. Seems like it helped a little.
We had a “drinks and dessert” pot luck planned for 7pm, but by 5pm folks were out with their goodies. Dessert for dinner is a good thing. I had peach cobbler, yummy oatmeal cookies, a jalapeno popper and a handful of cashews. Oh, and a small slice of cherry cheesecake.

We’ve had some grey clouds overhead most of the day, but the temps have been quite pleasant. We may get some sprinkles, but hopefully not the 12 hour deluge we got last year!!

No comments: