Sunday, October 18, 2009

Monday October 5, Winslow, AZ to Albuquerque, NM

I woke up fairly early, took the dogs for a walk, then prepared breakfast. Another walk for the dogs and off we went toward Albuquerque. Dear, sweet Smudge started her barky/whiney thing, so I stopped, not once, but three times to get her to go potty. The last time I was ready to drive off without her if she didn’t poop. FINALLY, success!!

I ended up stopping for two naps, one around 9:30-10am, and the other after lunch. I missed a spot to stop for gas and was in the red zone (empty) when I stopped at the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert visitor’s center for gas. They had the old fashioned pumps where you flick the lever and pump your gas, one pump for each type, then go inside to pay. I just eased into the visitor’s center parking to eat my leftover sandwich and nap.

Aside from road construction and the wind, there wasn’t too much exciting happening. I was able to find the CB shop Lee told me about, but it was closed (4:30pm) although it said it was open til 6pm. From there I drove to Highland Rentals where I had reserved a small Honda generator. I tried another CB shop that was recommended after that, but the guy that tunes antennas leaves at 3. Maybe another day.

When I got to the Fiesta grounds, the Lazy Dazers were busy having a dinner buffet. Once I was partially set up and had walked the dogs I went over to scrounge leftovers. Salmon, salad and marinated chicken fingers. YUM!

I had a nice time chatting with folks, and all that ordered t-shirts loved them. We will be taking a group photo in our shirts in the next day or two. I saw my “friend” from the “parking police” last year, and he stopped to say “hi”. I did take the dogs for a quick walk, after I discovered I left them in Blue with the closet door open, and Smudge of course got into the treats. ARGGGGH!! At least she only ate a few.

No comments: