Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday October 4, Surprise to Winslow

Today was a lazy day… didn’t even start loading Blue until the afternoon. It was quite windy this morning, and I was hoping that the winds would die down.. ha, ha!

We went over to the market to buy groceries for Blue and the house. Steve had made “pre-mix” Margaritas for sharing at the Fiesta, and we realized they were still in the refrigerator at home. So, he ran home while I did the shopping for both of us!! I left from there around 6:30pm. I figured if I made it to Flagstaff tonight I would be making good time.

As the wind was blowing out of the southwest, I had a tail wind. Once I got on interstate 40 east of Flagstaff I would get buffeted every now and then from the side. After one particularly strong gust, I decided to find the nearest rest stop and park for the night. This ended up being near Winslow, among a bunch of semi’s and other motor homes. I was awakened every few hours by either a semi pulling in or a big gust of wind.

No comments: