Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saturday October 10, Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

I awoke way before dawn this morning and took some neat photos of the dawn patrol.
After my shower and breakfast (which was eaten outside), I hung around with the other Lazy Dazers watching all the balloons. I got more neat photos of a couple of the special shapes balloons.




Got caught in my pj's and my "pin hat", that is loaded with pins from our travels. The thing must weigh 5 pounds!!
The bees usually always take off together, and kiss and dance.

The rigs on the west end of the RV parking area always get a few stray balloons.......
Sticker on one of the big, expensive RV's, below....
I splurged and bought dump service and water (two different deliveries!!). I had to laugh because the group came over to watch the dump procedure!! The truck uses a vacuum pump, which takes about 5 minutes to empty both tanks. I did a double take when I noticed what was going on, below. Some leash law!!!
Smudge and Rico getting "butt scratches" from Karen...
At Mike’s suggestion, I also purchased a Pro-fill battery filler, to help keep my house batteries topped off with water. I’ve had to really monitor them this year and add a lot of water.

Lunch was left over East Indian food and hummus, followed by reading and a nap.
We all got together around 4pm to have snacks and wine (water for me), then we ordered pizzas that were delivered right to our site! Two of the ladies (Beverly and Akiko) got together to make a salad, and Akiko made a wonderful apple dessert using fresh local apples.Getting ready to bribe Smudge with cheese... she has gotten quite comfortable with the LD folks!


Beverly and Chuck have had lots of trouble with their toilet (2007 vintage) and the manufacturer sent someone out to repair it. Turned out parts needed to be shipped, and instead of overnight, they went regular UPS. So, while we were goofing off, the repair man came with the parts!! So now, Beverly and Chuck don’t have to wander down to the outhouse, or as was mentioned by another LD’r, “No more pitiful scratching at the door!!”

Every one sat around chatting, then started cleaning up and packing up as we are all leaving in the morning.

I sat on the roof tonight and took photos and videos of the final firework show. I’m not sure if there was a Glow tonight, due to the wind picking up, and was actually a little surprised there were fireworks.

Well time to take the pups on their final evening walk. Tomorrow’s activities start at 5am!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

LOVE your hat, love the "bees" & just love those sunset/sunrises!!!!