Well, the dogs and I are off in Blue for a new adventure!! I finished loading the cold food and left over items this morning, then drove to Paradise Bakery to pick up 2 dozen yummy muffins for the upcoming Breakfast Buffet with the Lazy Daze Southwest group!!
After breakfast of oatmeal in a cookie bowl, the “kids” and I drove to the local Discount Tire to have Blue’s tires checked, then, off we went.. heading north through Wickenburg on our way to Valley of Fire State Park, near Las Vegas, NV. I decided to stop in Wikieup just to look around, and ended up buying a neat Navajo pot and a wolf t-shirt. From there I stopped just outside of Kingman for a nap and gasoline for Blue.
Crossing Hoover Dam wasn’t too bad, I pulled off for inspection, clipped up the dogs and warned the ranger to step back when I opened the door. Smudge and Rico don’t like ANYONE in a uniform, and Smudge was all business. The ranger looked around inside while we waited outside, then I put the dogs in and opened the outside compartments. And, silly me, dropped my keys so I couldn’t drive off. Fortunately the truck behind me was able to pull around. Turns out the keys slipped under the throw rug.
I stopped to take some photos at the dam itself, and really went back in time. When I was around 8 or 9, my Dad used to take us camping on the shores of Lake Mead, with just a cot and sleeping bag. What memories!! I drove through Boulder City with the same memories.
Once through Las Vegas it didn’t take long to get to exit 75 and head off into the hills. By the time I reached the campground, it was totally dark, but with a full moon, I could see the silhouettes of other Lazy Dazes. I make one circuit before picking a semi level spot. Nancy came over to greet me, almost all the others were tucked in where it was warm. It took me twice as long to level up as I drove off my leveling blocks on the first try!
I took the dogs out for a stroll in the moonlight, fixed dinner and turned in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment