Another early morning. Pam awoke before me, and was watching the sky light up. I got up and let Rico and Smudge out, then climbed back in bed. Poopie was making noise in her crate, so Jen let her out. Pam took all three out for a minute, and Poopie jumped on Jen’s head when she came back in. That went over REALLY well.
After Pam and I got dressed, we got out last night’s leftovers and made “steak and eggs”.. well, cut up steak and potatoes reheated in the pan, and eggs scrambled in. Served with English muffins, Paradise Bakery muffins and coffee, it made a great meal. Surprisingly, neither Jen or Valentin woke up.
About 9:15 we finally nagged Jen and Valentin awake, then Nancy came to the door to let us know that a group was going to go up to the “Cabins” and “Mouse’s Tank” at 10am. The kids finished breakfast and started getting dressed. Gil talked Pam into going with everyone in their rig, and the kids and I followed in Jen’s car with the dogs.
We all had fun taking photos at the Cabins, and Jen, Valentin and I went for a little walk in the immediate area. As we drove up to Mouse’s Tank, we could see Gil driving away in the distance. Mouse’s Tank trail is a really easy walk with lots of weathered rock and petroglyphs. Since we were the only group there at the time, I let Rico go off leash.
Back at Atlatl (at-L, at-L) campground, we all piled onto Pam’s bed to watch “The Hangover”, a goofy bachelor party movie. I forgot to mention that today is cold and windy, so no one is hanging around outside unless they are walking. I heard it was 34* this morning, and may be colder tomorrow. brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
At 3pm we had our group ice cream social. Everyone bundled up and eating ice cream!! There were 5 flavors of ice cream, 4 kinds of cookies, a cream pie, brownies, ice cream toppings (we brought strawberry jam and chocolate sauce), almonds, mini cream-puffs and Jen talked me into bringing our defrosted mixed berries. It looked so funny to see everyone huddled around the fire eating ice cream. Jen ate two big bowls!! (and as Pam points out "a brownie, too"!)
Just before dark Nancy and Gil left to get ready to fly to New Jersey on Saturday morning, and Jen and Valentin are going to go to Las Vegas tonight. Pam and I are Poopie sitting until we get back to LA.
Our evening was spent re-arranging again, listening to 80’s rock (Eagles, Doobies, etc), reading, typing, sewing and knitting. Poopie is being slightly clingy… she has been wearing a sweater the entire time, so I don’t think she is cold, maybe she is missing her “mom and dad”.
We had a light dinner of soup and crackers. Since we had a heavy breakfast, we didn’t have lunch, just snacks and with the ice cream, we weren’t super hungry.
I plan to turn in by 8pm. YAWN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment