Various campers are disappearing this morning. We ended up with about 13 rigs total. I noticed Mike left yesterday before Gil and Nancy, the Ashley’s and Gatchell’s drove off early this morning.
I hooked Blue up to the camp water so Pam and I could take a hot shower in the warm rig… While Pam showered, I put all the outside stuff away (chairs, table, BBQ, etc). Then it was my turn to shower. Much better stepping out to warm air, especially since Cookie said it was 29* this morning!!
Cookie, John, Beverly, Chuck and Doug are staying for a few more days. Pam and I drove up to Overton for gasoline, and remarked on what a beautiful, clean little town Overton is. From there we cruised south along the scenic route on the west edge of Lake Mead. We did encounter a lot of road construction where they are rebuilding the bridges. Got to talk to the road crew ladies while we were waiting for our pilot trucks to lead us through the construction.
We got a call from Jen and Valentin, and instead of them driving back to LA this morning, they are going to meet us in Boulder City for lunch. Since we took longer then we anticipated for the drive, they went up to Hoover Dam to look around while they waited for us.
Once in Boulder City, we were able to park Blue on a side street close to where Jen had parked. We had a wonderful lunch at Milo’s Cellar, complete with a piece of cheese cake smothered in Starbucks coffee liquor and peaches that we all shared (well, Valentin was good).
After lunch, Jen and Valentin grabbed Poopie and headed home. Pam and I wandered throughout all the little antique and gift stores. One place we stopped had a clerk who was 91 years young and what a hoot!! She was so upbeat and fun!!!
I was able to stop at a Mexican yard art store I saw on my drive up and purchased a 4 foot tall flower sculpture for the new backyard at home.
We headed west into the sunset, and discovered there are no gas stations where highway 95 and I-40 meet… oh, oh. We stopped at a station out in the middle of nowhere where gas was $3.89 a gallon and a sign inside said “don’t complain to the employees, as we have to ship every thing to the middle of nowhere, and that costs”. So, I bought $25.00 worth of fuel and kept going. We stopped in Newberry Springs to eat our leftover lunch and fill up the tank. I took a minor snooze, then off we headed after the sun. We reached North Hills at midnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment