Well, some fun (yeah, right) developments!!
We charged up Blue's battery and got him down to the RV service shop. Turns out the chassis battery bit the big one, which wasn't a surprise. BUT!! the last two days on the road I kept hearing a metallic ticking... turns out the pulley that holds the serpentine belt CRACKED, but didn't break into a zillion pieces!!! Lucky one there!

Blue's new vent covers Mike put on in Albuquerque, cracked pulley, below.. OUCH!

Another thing I did was find a TOAD!!! He is in very nice shape, and has 51,000 miles, automatic and 4 wheel drive. I did need to get 2 new tires and new front brakes, and a Blue Ox baseplate to tow with. The price was right, too!!

Blue and his new friend at "Grandma's" house.

So, all ready for the next trip, almost. Then my heart gets broken!! Turns out Blue doesn't have frame rails to the very rear bumper, so I can't have a hitch welded on without dropping the waste water tanks and having frame rails extended!! ARGGGG!!
So, anyhow, Blue's next adventure is in December.
No comments:
Post a Comment