Tuesday, November 25, 2008

11/22 Saturday, Cave Creek

Another beautiful day in Cave Creek, Arizona! We have a "pot-luck" breakfast planned, and I am making a fresh fruit mix... no melon, but apples, kiwi, banana, red seedless grapes, oranges and strawberries. Last time I made it, it was gone before I could get any!

After breakfast, Jane and I drove up to Bartlett Lake. I'd never been up there before. We passed a lot of cyclists out for a morning ride. I would guess this is where cyclists go to find "hills" in Phoenix!! Jane said the lake has been really drained down from the last time she was there.



I wondered what these boxes are for, turns out they are fish habitat when the lake is at a higher level. The dock we were walking on is on floats, to fluctuate with the lake levels.... a pretty steep climb back to the top!



Very pretty scenery here. One pictures Arizona as just flat desert and cacti.... but there is all kinds of beauty when you look around.

Jane and I stopped at the Diary Queen in Cave Creek for a treat, and then stopped at one of the galleries I went to yesterday. They had sold out of all of their small cactus luminarias, except for one that I snapped up.

Back at camp, my Mom and I relaxed in Blue, and managed to sleep through most of happy hour. We did rouse ourselves to go out for a liqueur tasting, and sat around the fire pit for a while visiting. Here are Jane and Denver having their evening "lap time" near the fire.

No comments: