Friday, September 26, 2008

9/25 Thursday, Surprise, AZ

Steve took out the passenger seat to tighten up the “wobble” it’s had since I had the seats re-stuffed. He had re-worked the bases of the captains chairs to make them revolve properly and leveled their height when I had the seats done, but we never re-adjusted them for final fit. He also re-positioned the lap belt for the drivers seat. I was outside checking fluids and tire pressures and adding water to the fresh water tank. Normally, I don’t run with a lot of water in the fresh tank, but I do make an exception for New Mexico/Balloon Fiesta water! Then, off to Best Buy for the stereo install.

On the way I hit the brakes fairly hard, and realized I forgot to put the lose stuff in the sink. My hand lotion and dish soap slid into the entry step and made a BIG mess. Yuck!

Picked Blue up around 3pm and love the new stereo!! I tried not to get upset when the clerk called Blue a “Winnebago”. ARGGH!! The new stereo is quite user friendly and I’ll be able to plug in my laptop or an Ipod to listen to music or movies, along with being able to play my CDs without an adapter and other miscellaneous pieces and wires all over!!



Stopped at the market to pick up “Pot Luck/Fire pit” supplies for the Lazy Daze Southwest Group meet. I’m starting to get excited!!

Looking at Blue in the market parking lot, shining in the sun gave me a warm/fuzzy feeling. He’s not bad looking for an old rig, at least from a distance! He does have some “wrinkles” (cracks in the decorative tape stripes), and "zits" from paint touch ups, but one does need to look closely. I’ve given thought to re-stripe him completely. I’ve only done the hood stripe and one spot on the cab over, which is peeling off for some reason.

Since I took the bottom step piece of carpet up to clean up the goop I spilled earlier, I did one other thing I’ve been planningfor a LONG time, which is to put vinyl tile down on the entry step. The carpet was also so grungy!! The tiles look okay, too!

No comments: