Friday, March 6, 2009

2/26 Thursday Catalina State Park, Tucson, AZ

BRRRRR!!! Is it cold this morning. Turned out it was 37 degrees outside. Dad and I were frozen. Once we thawed out, we got everybody together for our GTG photo. Our business meeting only garnered one new idea for our Feb-Mar GTG in 2010, to Usery Park. I need to remember to talk to Gil and Nancy about the Nevada trip in Sept. Maybe we will do Manzano Mountains again instead. I didn’t get a lot of response regarding Dead Horse, but we do have a few committed. Another member suggested blending with an SOB group that he is a member on to share the costs.

I thought I was going to get a call about our rental car, and the clerk thought I was coming by at 10am. So, I did finally get a little Jeep Liberty, but later in the day at around 2pm. Robert took me down to the Enterprise office, about 5 miles south of the campsite.

The parents and I had PB & J sandwiches with Sara’s homemade spiced rhubarb jam for lunch. YUMMMMMM!!

Today is Annelise's 14th Birthday!!! My Mom and I sang her birthday song to her via cell-phone. I’ve been working on Annelises’ confirmation dress since Monday when I received the pattern. I’m doing the hand sewing now so folks are interested in what I am working on and want to see the photos of her wearing it.

Somebody brought an entire basket of these huge lemons to share... goodie!! They also made great weights for the tablecloths!

We had our first pot luck dinner tonight, with lots of good Add Videofood and barbeques. Folks gathered around the fire ring to enjoy the flames and conversation.










Two new "adopted" members of the group meeting each other. One a rescue, one a puppy with springs for legs and great enthusiasm!

Dad has been really loggy all afternoon, so I ran him over to the hospital to have his blood pressure checked about 7pm. Turns out he is dehydrated and has a urinary tract infection, along with the tremor and the low blood pressure. We spent most of the night in the emergency department of Oro Valley Hospital. The doctor let me come back to the campground for a few moments around midnight to make up the beds and turn on the heater. Poor mama was still awake. I was trying to be quiet and managed to honk the horn. Opps!
Back at the hospital the nurse was trying to get Dad to move over after he had a standing blood pressure check. She finally gave him a hip bump, I thought, "HOW RUDE", but then I thought, she told us she goes riding at Catalina, and bumping is how you move a stuborn horse or mule!!
We ended up getting home from the hospital at 2:45 am. Mama tucked Dad in bed and gave him a kiss... his reply "is that all I get??" He must not feel all that bad.

No comments: