
After our morning walk and breakfast, we were ready to set off on our adventures.

Drove south from Manzano to the first of the Salinas Pueblos, Queral. Had a nice walk around and took many photos.

Then drove to Abo, where there was a very nice handsome ranger who told me his life story. (Where is Jen when I need her??) Again walked quite a ways, then headed to Mountainair to try this wonderful hamburger Kate told me about.
Drove by the place twice, not realizing that’s what I was looking for. And yes!!!, what a great burger!!. Reminded me of Dad’s “fall-apart” burgers when I was a kid. And huge!!

At lunch in the motorhome parked out front of the market/cafe - then went back into town to wander... saw

this gate. Someone has a sense of humor!
After lunch, drove on to Gran Quivira, which is the largest of the three pueblos.




Went further south to Carrizozo, and stayed at the Valley of Fire campground on BLM land. Took the dogs on a nature hike through the lava fields. Quite interesting. After dark, Smudge was looking out the screen door when she suddenly reared up and pushed the door open!! She was gone in a blast of speed, after something almost her size. They were at least heading away from the highway!! By the time I got my shoes on and a flashlight, she was on her way back to the rig (whew)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment